2. A trip to the beach is not complete without sand molds! Learn about geography and architecture with these World Landmarks Sand Molds (how cool are these?), or practice letters with these Alphabet Sand Molds.
3. Watch caterpillars grow into butterflies and then release them. This Butterfly Garden kit has everything you need to add some science to your summer.
4. Sidewalk chalk is a summer must-have! We use it in our driveway. There are so many learning activities and games that you can play, or simply let the kids get creative on their own.
7. Want your child to learn letters and letter sounds this summer? Leapfrog Letter Factory is the way to go. Both of my daughters learned their alphabet and sounds after watching this 30-minute DVD about 5 times. It really is that easy.
8. I'm sure you have heard all the rave reviews about ABCmouse.com. It really is an amazing site, much better than other educational apps or games that I've seen. Go ahead and try it FREE for 30 days!
TravelingOn our last vacation, these activities kept my kids happily busy on the plane and on car rides:
9. These Melissa & Doug Water Wow! pads are so clever. Fill the pen with water and the color magically appears as you "paint". There are many different themes such as Alphabet, Numbers, Farm Animals, Pets, Princesses and more.
10. Orb Factory Sticky Mosaics is a sticker craft that's easy to take on the go. Stick the mosaic tiles to create animals, vehicles or characters by matching shapes or numbers. Great for fine motor skills!