Learn about the planets in our solar system with this fun printable activity, perfect for preschoolers and young children!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
This FREE Solar System activity is perfect for teaching preschoolers about the planets and how the solar system works. I recommend that you laminate both pages, then cut out the planets and use velcro dots to stick the planet pieces.
Learning about Planets & The Solar System
While doing this activity with your kids, here are some good talking points to mention that will help them remember facts about each planet:
- there are 8 planets in the solar system
- all the planets revolve around the sun
- the first planet closest to the sun is Mercury, and it's the smallest planet
- Venus is the 2nd planet and is almost the same size as the Earth
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun
- Mars is nicknamed the "red planet"
- Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system
- Saturn has many colorful rings around it
- Uranus also has rings, but not as many as Saturn
- Neptune is the last planet in the solar system
More Resources for a Space theme:
If you enjoyed this activity you might also like the following posts: